Preparing Your Home for Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving just days away, do you feel like you are running around frantically to get everything done? Take a moment to pause and remember what this holiday is all about. Be thankful for your loving family, your great friends, and the support you have from others in your community. Preparing your home for Thanksgiving doesn’t have to be stressful this year.
Instead of cramming your tasks in last minute, try breaking them up into sections during the week. This will make the process easier and allow Thanksgiving Day to run much more smoothly. Here are some tips on how you can prepare yourself during this week of thankfulness:
During The Week
• Pick up the turkey now if you are buying it fresh.
• Shop for your perishables in the beginning of the week to guarantee you can get what you need.
• Sit down and gather all of your recipes for the big day. Keep them all together and bookmark them for easy reference.
• Use a white board or note cards to write down your cooking plan (oven temperatures and cooking times) where all your helpers can see the information easily.
The Night Before Thanksgiving Dinner
• If you are having lots of guests over, take the time to set the table or buffet now so you don’t have to stress on the actual day on top of cooking the meal.
• Arrange the center pieces or flowers if you have any.
• Label your serving dishes so you know where everything is going once made.
• Prepare any dishes you can to make the workload easier for the next day.
• Clean up around the house if necessary. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
On Thanksgiving Day
• First, start with the turkey in the morning and then follow the rest of your cooking plan.
• Let helpers know they are always welcome to contribute to the dinner!
• After dinner, make sure to wrap leftovers immediately, if there are any left that is!
• Get help cleaning the dishes so you can run a load in the dishwasher before eating dessert.
Does looking at these tips make you feel tired already? At H. Levenbaum Insurance Agency, we hope you can stay organized this Thanksgiving so you can enjoy what the holiday spirit is all about. Get your entire family to help out so you can create loving, lasting memories. Also, make sure during the entire process you are safe about cooking, cleaning, and even when putting up your decorations. You don’t want to risk a fire or an injury on the most thankful day of the year. From our family to yours, we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!